With the return of summer, the Aliso Viejo Community Association is hosting their annual series of free summer concerts and movies in the park. Families are invited to bring blankets, low-back chairs and even a picnic dinner to enjoy at the events. All events are free and will be held in Grand Park!
The summer concert series will be held on Sundays from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Guests are permitted to come to the park, earlier in the day, to leave blankets and chairs to reserve spots. However, there is no roping off or caution tape, and tarps are not allowed. All tarps will be removed by AVCA due to the damage they cause on the grass. AVCA is not responsible for any unattended items.
The following is the schedule for the 2015 Summer Concert Series:
- July 12th – Common Sense (Surf/Reggae)
- July 26th – Desperado (Eagles Tribute)
- August 9th – Kelly Rae Band (Pop/Country Rock)
- August 23rd – Flashback Heart Attack (80’s)
- August 30th – Stone Soul (60’s/Motown)
Family movie nights will be held on Fridays at Grand Park. Movies will begin at dusk. Below is a schedule for the 2015 Summer Movie Nights including the rating of each movie, the length, and a short synopsis.
- July 10th – The Lego Movie (PG) 100 Minutes Emmet is an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average Lego minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared. Emmet’s primary adversary is an uptight CEO who has a hard time balancing world domination with micro-managing his own life.
- July 24th – Big Hero 6 (PG) 93 Minutes Big Hero 6 is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius – thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion – a robot named Baymax – and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery.
- August 7th – Finding Nemo (G) 100 Minutes After his son is captured in the Great Barrier Reef and taken to Sydney, a timid clownfish sets out on a journey to bring him home.
- August 21st – Toy Story (G) 81 Minutes A cowboy doll is profoundly threatened and jealous when a new spaceman figure supplants him as top toy in a boy’s room.
Connect with AVCA on Facebook and Twitter!
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. Image credits: ACVA