Summer Starts Here is the theme for this year’s OC Fair and it’s about to kick off with 23 days of family fun with their Opening Hour promotion. The OC Fair offers free admission and parking to Fairgoers during the first hour of the opening day on Friday, July 11 from Noon-1 p.m.
The OC fair also offers several ways for families with children to enjoy the fair with other special discounts and promotions.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day
- Kids Days – Every Thursday, children 12 and under receive free admission all day.
- We Care Wednesday – Give back to the community together as a family every Wednesday from Noon to 3 p.m. in exchange for one free admission and carnival ride per person with appropriate donation. Donations are accepted Noon-3 p.m. on the following schedule: July 16 – 5 canned food items; July 23 – 1 new or 3 gently used children’s books; July 30 – 5 gently used or new items of clothing; and August 6 – school supplies worth at least $5.
- Rise & Shine –Each Saturday and Sunday, admission is only $3 during the first hour, 10-11 a.m.
- Super Pass – Get the exclusive Super Pass and enjoy admission to the 2014 OC Fair for all 23 days. The Super Pass may be purchased at the OC Fair and includes 23-day admission, express entry at all gates, 2-For-1 tickets for select events in the Pacific Amphitheatre, The Hangar and Action Sports Arena and a carnival savings book for the pass holder.
- Read & Ride Program –The Read & Ride program encourages children (ages 5-11) to continue to read throughout their summer break, and in return, the OC Fair will award 3 carnival rides for every two books that are read. Parents can download the book report form at ocfair.com.
- Carnival Promotions – Take advantage of the $30 wristband, which gives an unlimited access to carnival rides plus 2 free games each Wednesday and Thursday (sold until 5 p.m. and ride until 8 p.m.) or come on Fridays for $2 rides and games from Noon-4 p.m.
- Taste of Fair Food – Families can taste the assorted Fair food for $2 per sample every Friday from Noon-4 p.m.
There are countless things for families with children to do at the OC Fair, many of which are free. Some of those include:
- Daily Free Entertainment – Every day of the Fair, there will be family-friendly showcases for everyone to enjoy. Families can enjoy dance troupes, live bands, the Dragon Knights, fantasy-like creatures brought to life through the art of stilt walking, or cheer for their favorite racing pig.
- OC Fair Foodies – They are bright, colorful and lovable and you can’t miss them. Join costumed characters Olivia (orange), Carl (cotton candy), Arturo (churro), Scoop (ice cream cone) and Cornelius (corn) as they stroll through the OC Fair.
- Bakeology (Free Special Exhibit) – Learn the wondrous world of baking with demonstrations from Chef Rachel Klemek and other talented chefs from Blackmarket Bakery.
- Explorium: Destination Kids – The perfect stop for youngsters to explore and wander through the eye-catching attractions including the new bug exhibit called The Good, The Bad & The Unbelievable plus other creative, hands-on exhibits.
- Action Sports Arena – Adrenaline-junkies can grab a seat and hold tight for a wild ride with monster trucks, demolition derbies, extreme rodeo, martial arts and more. Reserved seats include free Fair admission and there is limited general seating available free with Fair admission on a first-come, first-seated basis.
- Community Flag Salute – Come and honor Orange County cities with your family as local representatives sing the National Anthem on select weekdays at 12:30 p.m. at The Hangar. Orange County locals can also pick-up a $2 discount coupon from their local city halls and libraries to save on Fair admission.
We’re definitely ready for some family fun at the OC Fair! What about YOU?
The 2014 OC Fair, themed Summer Starts Here,is July 11 – August 10 and will bring 23 days of food, rides, exhibits, animals, music, action sports and fun, as well as the Super Pass, Toyota Summer Concert Series at the Pacific Amphitheatre and events in The Hangar and Action Sports Arena. The Fair is open Wednesday-Sunday. Concert tickets, action sports reserved seats, single-day general admission and the popular Super Pass are available for purchase online at ocfair.com or from the on-site Box Office. Free parking and shuttle service are available on Saturdays and Sundays from the Experian parking structure located off the Bristol St. exit of the 405 freeway.
The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. For more information, please visit ocfair.com, become a fan at Facebook.com/OCFair, follow us at twitter.com/ocfair or call (714) 708-1500. Also, download the free OC Fair iPhone and Android apps available this summer.
Disclosure: Image and information provided to me by the OC Fair.