Saturday, November 4 was the perfect sunny, Southern California day for the 4th Annual Get Fit Festival held at Kaiser Permanente Irvine Medical Center. Although the event was held at the Irvine location, people from all over Southern California made the trip for this fun and pro-wellness-filled day!Kaiser Permanente strives to promote wellness and preventative care to its members and its employees. I have seen 100% buy-in to this program from the doctors, nurses, and staff who have been there to assist me on my visits to Kaiser Permanente Orange County. They even sport the “Thrive” apparel to work!Here’s an overview video of the Get Fit Festival:
Some of the events they offered to participants included:
- Thrive 5K Fun Run/Walk—Proceeds benefited Special Olympics Southern California
- a 30-Mile Bike Tour of Orange County
- a 6-Person Relay (36 miles)
Other activities not requiring running or biking at the event included:
- The Thrive Zone – Challenging carnival games to test anyone’s luck
- The Fitness Zone – Zumba, yoga, and line dancing sessions
- The Kid’s Zone – activities for kids ages 4-12, to bounce & blast their way through
- Food trucks – some of OC’s finest food trucks
- Live music – the great sounds of Catfish Junction played live on the main stage
- Fitness and Health Expo – a select group of fitness and health professionals were on hand as health vendors at the Festival.
Kaiser Permanente hosts a variety of “Get Fit” events throughout the year. For more information about upcoming events, go here.Open enrollment for Kaiser Permanente kicked off November 1. If you’re looking for a new provider, explore plans with Kaiser Permanente Orange County and you’ll have the ability to select from many services for you and your family including primary and urgent care, emergency facilities, labor and delivery, pharmacy, and lab all housed under one roof. Find out more today at: kp.org/orangecounty.Connect with Kaiser Permanente Orange County on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.