This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Local youngsters can enjoy a variety of free activities and entertainment at Kaleidoscope this summer, when the center’s annual Kaleido Kids Summer Events return on Tuesday, June 18. Held in Kaleidoscope’s event space inside Union Market Mission Viejo, the fun events are every Tuesday from 11:30am – 12:30pm, June 18 through July 23.
The summer events will culminate with the annual Kaleido Kids Carnival on Tuesday, July 30 from 11am to 2:30pm. Tickets are $10 per person, with all games and activities included, and all proceeds benefitting Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire. The Carnival has raised nearly $56,000 for the non-profit over the last seven years.The Kaleido Kids events are 11:30am – 12:30pm with the following schedule:
- June 18: Toy Story, including a meet and greet, sing along and photos with costumed characters, themed crafts, and refreshments.
- June 25: Unicorn Painting Party, where kids can paint a picture of a unicorn with special instructions by a local artist, take photos with a magical unicorn, and enjoy music and snacks.
- July 2: Cooking with Kids, where youngsters will follow simple instructions to create then enjoy a kid-friendly healthy snack and dessert. Kids will receive paper chef hats and instructions to take home to recreate the treats.
- July 9: Percussion Play Along, where kids will enjoy an interactive musical experience, playing along to African and international rhythms using over 20 exotic djembe drums and percussion instruments, with a themed costumed character and snacks.
- July 16: Lego Playtime, where their imagination can soar by building with a variety of Lego blocks, along with enjoying music and snacks.
- July 23: Hula Hoop Dance Party, with an expert leading the kids in Hula Hoop tricks, dancing along to music, and enjoying kid-friendly snacks.
On Tuesday, July 30, the Kaleido Kids Carnival will include games, activities, balloon art, face painting, costumed characters, photo opportunities, a DJ, and refreshments. Admission is $10 per person and benefits Make-A-Wish. Tickets must be purchased in advance through http://www.Kaleidokidscarnival.eventbrite.com.Guests who bring a new backpack or new toy (no guns please) to donate to Make-A-Wish will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win one Kaleidoscope family gift basket.
Also on Tuesdays, restaurants inside Union Market Mission Viejo at Kaleidoscope host Kids Eat Free, with a child receiving a free beverage or kids meal with the purchase of a regular (adult) beverage or entrée. Scent Avenue inside Union Market Mission Viejo also offers 20% off on Tuesdays.
Adding to the summer fun is the Edwards Kaleidoscope Stadium 10 Summer Movie Express at 10am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from June 18 to August 14, when popular family movies rated G or PG are shown for only $1 admission per person.
For more information on the Kaleido Kids events or Carnival, please call 949.542.4407 or visit http://www.gokaleidoscope.com. Kaleidoscope is located at 27741 Crown Valley Parkway, just off the 5 Fwy., in Mission Viejo.