As if we weren’t already excited enough about the upcoming opening of all-new Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World, set to open June 30, yesterday they announced the menu for Woody’s Lunch Box, the new eatery that’ll be located inside Toy Story Land. Meal time at Woody’s Lunch Box will include a heavy helping of nostalgia as they serve up classic on-the-go menu items with a creative twist!
“Everyone has a special food memory, so it can be tricky putting a modern spin on the favorites. We honored these classic dishes by using the best ingredients to elevate the flavors. How we constructed the sandwiches was important, such as layering the ingredients in a specific order, to maximize textures and flavors. Why have a cold sandwich when you can have a toasted hot, gooey, cheese-filled one?” – Lenny DeGeorge, Concept Development Culinary Director for Walt Disney World.
Here are some of the of menu items they revealed. Wow, the words “lunch box” and “cuisine” never described anything I brought to school! I cannot wait!
- S’more French Toast breakfast sandwich – Oozy goodness in a chocolate ganache- and marshmallow-stuffed French toast topped with graham cracker crumbles. Inspired by the classic American campfire treat.
- Grilled three-cheese sandwich – To ensure a soft gooey middle, Disney chefs created a sharp cheddar cream cheese spread, layered in provolone and cheddar and wrapped the sandwich in garlic butter-grilled French bread.
- BBQ brisket melt -With a nod to cowboy Woody, this Texas-style smoked brisket features cheddar, Monterey Jack, pickles, BBQ sauce and garlic butter-grilled sourdough.
- Monte Cristo – Woody’s version of this classic sandwich has layers of ham, turkey, Swiss cheese, and raspberry jam…and is grilled to a golden brown.
- Totchos – Bite-sized potato barrels, corn chips, chili and queso. ‘Nuf said.
- Lunch box tarts – A modern interpretation of a breakfast toaster pastry as a hand-held dessert, these feature a uniquely delicate crust. Layer in high-quality ingredients for fillings, add a decorative garnish, and these tasty tarts beat anything mom packed. Choice of Raspberry Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Dried Fruit and Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Caramelized Bacon,
Here are a couple of the healthier menu options:
- Smoked turkey, tomato, and lettuce on multigrain bread – The quintessential lunch box sandwich. To give it a kick of flavor, Disney chefs add a creamy Dijonnaise.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait – Layers of banana-vanilla Greek yogurt (with a hint of honey), fresh bananas, strawberries, and pineapple topped with granola and chocolate chips. A delicious way to start the day!
Other healthy options available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios include fresh fruits and vegetables, salads, and grilled meats and fish.Kids’ offerings include grilled cheese sandwich or turkey sandwich, both with potato barrels and mandarin oranges. Sides include tomato basil soup, vegetable macaroni salad, potato barrels and Mini Babybel® snack cheese, the official snack cheese of Walt Disney World Resort.In addition to fountain drinks and refreshing lemonade, beverage offerings include a classic Barq’s root beer float and a Mystic Portal Punch (PowerAde Mountain Berry Blast with flavors of lemon-lime and tangerine). For the big kids there’s a Grown Up’s Lemonade with cherry vodka, Odwalla Lemonade, and black cherry purée.Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is set to open on June 30, 2018. What are you most excited to try first? I can’t pick just one!
For more information about Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World Resort, including assistance with vacation planning, please visit here.