Yo ho, yo ho all ye landlubbers and buccaneers! Ventura Harbor Village is ready to hoist the flag for the 14th annual Pirates Day on Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 11:00am – 4:00pm. Ahoy Me Hearties! is this year’s theme for the Yo Ho! Pirates Day 2019, which will offer guests an unforgettable voyage around the Village featuring pirate characters, entertainment, activities, and photo opportunities around every corner.
Admission for Pirates Day is free. It’s best to arrive early to find free parking in the village, or jump on the complimentary shuttle service from the overflow lot on Harbor Blvd and Schooner Drive, running from 11am to 6pm!
For one day only, venture along the waterfront to find pirates in sword fights by professional Pirates for Hire, mermaids, treasure, exotic birds, live music, rum drinks, and pirate eats. Keep an eye out for Reece Ryan’s on-land Kids Pirate Ship, Captain Jack, Hook, Shmee, & Tink (look-a-likes), and strolling pirate musicians. Games are back and better than ever – take a ride on the bucking shark, jump on the inflatable kracken, kids can enjoy the new Rockin’ Pirate Ship, and more. Visit Port Royal Privateers’ historical encampment and shop at the vendor booths for pirate ware and nautical-themed loot. Hold tropical birds, snap a photo at themed selfie-stations, and stop for face painting or henna body art.
Everyone is encouraged to come dressed in their best pirate garb! Strut in the Pirates Day costume contests held throughout the day for different age brackets. Pirates up to 12 years old partake in the Kids Treasure Hunt ($5) leading to a magical treasure trove and free pirate craft activities provided by Macaroni Kid, Lakeshore Learning, and Ventura County Potters Guild Gallery.
For grog and grub, Village restaurants offer a variety of cuisine for hungry crews; including roasted turkey legs and rum specials. Live entertainment will range from Steel Drummers to the Sword Coast Medieval Fighters Club. Ventura Harbor Pirates Day gives you a chance to get in your best piratical gear and wander by the sea to interact with pirates and gypsies of all ages.
Ventura Harbor Village coastal shops, restaurants, and boutiques will provide a host of creative Pirate themed activities, eats, and drinks at the event. Here’s some of what you’ll find:
- Anja’s Boutique: Piratey-Costumed Customers 10% off with $50 Purchase + Free Scarf!
- Barefoot Boutique: FREE Pirate Craft for Kids!*Piratey- Costumed Customers 10% off Everything + BOGO 50% on Graphic Tees
- Casa de Regalos: Newly designed Pirate Tees
- Lost in Socks: FREE Pirate Tattoo Station + Loot Davy Jones Locker Discount Jar with 2 Purchase Min.
- Mermaid Gallery: FREE Kid’s Activity Table + Mermaid Coloring Sheets + FREE Starfish with $20 Purchase
- VC Potters Guild: FREE Kid Pirate Medallion Necklaces to Paint*
- Ventura Swimwear: FREE Pirate Bracelet with $25 Purchase*
- Boatyard Pub: Arrgghh! Famous Giant Smoked Turkey Legs + Roasted Corn*
- Copa Cubana: Partake in a Lively Game of Pirate-Themed Corn Hole!
- The Greek Mediterranean Steak & Seafood: Pancake Breakfast with the Pirates! 9:30 -10:30 AM
- Ultimate Escape Rooms: Themed Room Play Tickets $25 with Promo Code: PIRATE19
- Village Carousel & Arcade: $2 Carousel Rides for Costumed Pirate Customers –
*While supplies last
For a complete list of shopping & dining specials and the entertainment schedule please visit VenturaHarborVillage.com or call (805) 477-0470.
Admission and parking for Pirates Day 2019 are free. Book your overnight stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort or Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ventura Harbor. Ventura Harbor Village is located 1583 Spinnaker Drive off of Harbor Blvd. Don’t miss out on this treasure-trove of excitement by the sea. Hope to see you there!
Images and logo are property of Ventura Harbor Village and used with permission.