Miguel’s Jr. is one of my favorite places to go when I’m looking for fresh, quick, homestyle Mexican food. I can’t get enough of their burritos and chicken taquitos, which are my two favorite menu items.Somehow, I guess I completely overlooked their breakfast menu. Breakfast burritos are like my love language! The breakfast menu includes these 7 different breakfast burritos, all made with farm fresh cracked eggs:
- Chorizo – Mexican style sausage, eggs, refried beans & chile verde marinated potatoes. (add cheese for an additional charge.)
- Machaca – Shredded beef seasoned with tomatoes, bell peppers and onions, eggs & refried beans (add cheese for an additional charge.)
- The Green Pig (A House Favorite) – Marinated pork, eggs, cheddar cheese & chile verde marinated potatoes
- Sunrise – Premium bacon, eggs, cheddar cheese & chile verde marinated potatoes
- Spud – Eggs, chile verde marinated potatoes & cheddar cheese
- BRC con Huevos – This is Miguel’s Jr.’s famous bean, rice and cheese burrito with eggs
- Carne Asada – Premium grilled steak, eggs, cheddar cheese & chile verde marinated potatoes
Other breakfast entrees on the menu are these 3 plates:
Americano – Scrambled eggs, chile verde marinated potatoes, refried beans, tortillas & choice of meat (bacon, chile verde pork, or carne asada)
Chorizo,- Scrambled eggs served with Spanish rice, refried beans & tortillas
Machaca – Scrambled eggs served with Spanish rice, refried beans & tortillasI was invited to a special morning at the Miguel’s Jr.at their Costa Mesa location, to sample the items on the breakfast menu and I highly recommend the breakfast burrito they refer to as “The House Favorite”, aka The Green Pig. Everything on the breakfast menu was delicious though, in my opinion, even the freshly brewed coffee!Miguel’s Jr serves offers their breakfast menu daily until 11 a.m. and Saturdays and Sundays until 1 p.m. for those late risers. It’s delicious and something you’ll want to get in to our nearest location and try it ASAP!
More exciting Miguel’s Jr. news is the latest location opening soon in Huntington Beach! For the latest updates and more information visit Miguel’s Jr. here
You can also enter a giveaway to win 1 of 3 $10 Miguel’s Jr. giftcards on my Instagram page. Good luck everyone!
About Miguel’s Jr.
The legend began in 1973 when Mike and Mary Vasquez took over an existing restaurant in Corona, CA and renamed it “Miguel’s” in honor of Mike’s grandfather. They struggled to make a go of it. Mike kept his day job and worked the restaurant at night while Mary developed dishes and recipes. Over the next 2 years, business improved to the point that they decided to lease a fast food restaurant just 2 miles down the road and named it “Miguel’s Jr. This became an instant favorite with locals and travelers along interstate 91 between Orange County and the Inland Empire.