Have you seen the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ comedy-adventure, “Zootopia” yet? Actually I should ask how many times you’ve seen it? (We’ve seen it three times!) This hilarious family film has broken records worldwide earning more than $900 million at the global box office to date and was named the best reviewed movie of 2016.
Critics and audiences around the world have fallen in love with the wonderfully innovative animal metropolis of “Zootopia” and the comedic chemistry of rookie rabbit officer Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) and scam-artist fox Nick Wilde (Jason Bateman). The voice cast of “Zootopia” is epic. We rushed out immediately after seeing it and bought a bunch of Tsum Tsums to make this cute little stop-motion video on my daughter’s Musical.ly account.
Well great news…it arrives home on Digital HD, Blu-ray™, Disney Movies Anywhere, DVD and On-Demand (does not include bonus) platforms June 7, 2016, viewers will not only be able to enjoy the vibrant world of Zootopia and reunite with their favorite characters, but also discover more about the evolution of this extraordinary tale through in-depth bonus offerings. Features include:
- candid conversations with filmmakers and artists behind Zootopia,
- an alternate opening
- never-before-seen characters and deleted scenes
- a sneak peek at some of the hidden Easter Eggs that make reference to Disney Animation’s most beloved films and characters.
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY 3D, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- Zoology: The Roundtables: Ginnifer Goodwin hosts an in-depth look at the movie’s characters, animation, environments and more. The artists at Disney Animation give a rare and in-depth look at the complexities of bringing an all-animal world to life from the ground-breaking technology behind the characters’ fur and clothing to the varied and vast environments of Tundratown, Sahara Square and the Rainforest District as well as the deep thought and research given to bringing 64 unique animal species to life through animation.
- The Origin of an Animal Tale: Follow the story’s development from its origins to a big story shift that turned the film upside down. In this feature-length documentary, filmmakers give a candid look into the difficulties of creating the story of Zootopia and the bold decision to switch the main character late in the production process, putting one resolute rabbit center stage.
- Research: A True-Life Adventure: The filmmakers traveled the globe to find inspiration for the diverse characters and amazing city of Zootopia. They reflect on the importance of research and how a deep dive into animal behavior at Disney Animal Kingdom theme park and a deep immersion into animal society on the African savanna shaped and inspired the characters of Zootopia and changed the filmmakers’ lives forever.
- Z.P.D. Forensic Files: Find the movie’s hidden Easter Eggs. Every city has its hidden gems, especially when it has been created by the filmmakers of Disney Animation who love nothing more than sprinkling hidden references to some of Disney’s greatest animated features throughout the story.
- Scoretopia: Academy Award®-winning composer, Michael Giacchino spotlights five of cinema’s greatest percussionists and how they brought an organic, animalistic sound to his powerful and emotional music score.
- Deleted Characters: Directors Byron Howard and Rich Moore introduce citizens of Zootopia who did not make the final cut.
- Alternate Opening: Young Judy Hopps rescues a fellow classmate and realizes she can reach beyond a life in carrot farming to a future in law enforcement.
- Wild Times! Pitch: Nick desperately pitches the bankers of Zootopia on funding Wild Times!, an amusement park made exclusively for the predators of Zootopia and a sure-fire, money-making scheme for Nick and his friends.
- Alternate Homesick Hopps: After a frustrating first day on the force, Judy has a conversation with her parents. See how this scene changed from a heartfelt conversation with her parents to tough love when her parents discover their daughter is only a meter maid and not a “real cop.”
- Detective Work: Judy borrows a fellow police officer’s computer to conduct research, which turns out to be no small task.
- Alternate Jumbo Pop: In this early version of the story where Nick was the main character, the filmmakers and Jason Bateman were able to take hustling to a new level.
- Hopps’ Apartment: When Judy’s entire family pays her a surprise visit they are shocked to discover the company she’s keeping.
- The Taming Party: In this emotional clip from an early version of “Zootopia,” Judy attends her first “taming party” and gains a deeper understanding of the plight of the predator.
- “Try Everything” Music Video by Shakira
- “Try Everything” Music Video by Shakira
DIGITAL HD EXCLUSIVE:
- International Character Reel: See the variances in news reporters in Zootopia around the world!
We’re so ready to own our own copy of “Zootopia” and be able to watch it together as a family at home this summer! I’m also having a giveaway! One of my lucky readers will win their very own copy of “Zootopia”! You can enter below on the Rafflecopter! Giveaway only open to US Residents. Good luck and thanks for reading!
a Rafflecopter giveaway