I was invited to spend a day in the Park in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
If you’re looking for a great place in Southern California to spend the day celebrating fall and Halloween with your family, you should definitely head over to Knott’s Berry Farm. This time of year you’ll find all kinds of Halloween fun there during the weekend daytimes because it’s transformed into Knott’s Spooky Farm, a kid-inspired Halloween celebration with special “spooky” activities.
Here are some of the “spooky” things to do at Knott’s Spooky Farm this year:
- Go trick-or-treating throughout Ghost Town – Little ghouls can walk through Calico to collect sweet Halloween treats from the friendly ghosts and shopkeepers. Trick-or-Treating in Ghost Town is newly expanded and is sponsored by Hershey’s this year. Treat bags are available at the entrance for guests ages 3-11.
- Visit the Creepy Critters of Calico – Guests of all ages can roam through the Livery Stable to get up close and personal with the creepy critters of Calico. There are insects and other bugs, snakes and other reptiles, rats, and the “Skeleton” horses.
- Peanuts Costume Contest – Enter the Peanuts Costume Contest held over in the Camp Snoopy Theater. After the contest, sing and dance along with your favorite Peanuts characters in a dance party!
- Pumpkin Decorating – Pick out a pumpkin and decorate it over in the Calico Park Pumpkin Patch. (for an additional fee)
- Cookie Decorating – Stop by Calico Park and grab a Peanuts box filled with supplies and a freshly baked cookie to decorate. (for an additional fee)
- Hope aboard the Grand Sierra Railroad – This railway, located in Camp Snoopy, is transformed into a one-of-a-kind experience which takes riders on an adventure, along with the Peanuts Gang, to Camp Spooky with added special Halloween effects. It’s a spooky good time!
- Ride Halloween Hootenanny – During Knott’s Spooky Farm, Timber Mountain Log Ride is transformed into Halloween Hootenanny which features fun surprises inside the ride as you ride past Calico Coffin Creeper Band, the town’s Green Witch, and splash down Skull Mountain at the end. It’s even scarier at nighttime during Knott’s Scary Farm!
- Dia De Los Muertos Celebration – Stop by Fiesta Village to admire all of the Dia de los Muertos decor.
Knott’s Spooky Farm also features Halloween-themed entertainment including a friendly magician who mystifies little ones with spell-binding tricks, “The Monsters are Coming” show in Camp Snoopy Theater, and . For a full schedule of entertainment, check out Knott’s daily schedule HERE. All of the Knott’s Spooky Farm fun is included with regular park admission or your 2018 Season Pass. If you aren’t a current Knott’s Season Pass holder, now is the best time of the year to grab yours for 2019! A Knott’s Season Pass has no blackout dates plus allows you to enjoy early entry to select rides during the summer and special discounts on food & merchandise,
A Regular Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to Knott’s Berry Farm with no blackout dates. New Passholders: Receive one free visit this year plus $14.99 additional visits for the remainder of 2018. Free visit and $14.99 additional visits not valid for Scary Farm or special events. Renewing Passholders: Receive a limited time renewal price and one free Bring-A-Friend Ticket valid any fall daytime from September 8, 2018 – December 14, 2018. Right now, a Regular Pass is just 11 Easy Payments of $7.50 ( After an initial payment of $12.50 due on the date of purchase). This pass can also be purchased for $95 total + applicable taxes and fees. Applicable taxes and fees apply online. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com.
Knott’s also offers a Gold Season Pass which includes unlimited admission in 2019 to both Knott’s Berry Farm and the newly expanded Knott’s Soak City Waterpark with no blackout dates. New Passholders: Receive one free visit this year plus $14.99 additional visits for the remainder of 2018. Free visit and $14.99 additional visits not valid for Scary Farm or special events. Renewing Passholders: Receive a limited time renewal price and one free Bring-A-Friend Ticket valid any fall daytime from September 8, 2018 – December 14, 2018. Right now, the Gold Pass is available for just 11 Easy Payments of $9 (after an initial payment of $16 due on the date of purchase) This pass can also be purchased for $115 total. + plus applicable taxes and fees. Applicable taxes and fees apply online. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com.
Knott’s Spooky Farm runs weekends September 29 – October 28 and on Halloween Day. Hours vary from day to day so check out their daily calendar HERE. For more information on all the exciting things that are going on at Knott’s Berry Farm, visit knotts.com and follow the conversation using #KnottsSpookyFarm.