I was invited as a guest of K1 Speed in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
With the holiday season in full swing, we’re all checking off names from our “To Buy For” lists. This year, why not consider giving the gift of an experience? There’s a lot to be said about having the opportunity to create memories together that will last a lifetime.
I was recently invited to bring my family and spend an afternoon at K1 Speed to experience all the things and I had SO much fun! Not only do they have the race tracks, but we also got to experience Mario Kart VR I know it would be something that anyone on your list would love to receive as a gift this year! If you aren’t familiar with K1 Speed, it’s been the world’s premier indoor go-karting experience since 2003, with locations throughout the world, K1 Speed utilizes electric go-karts in indoor state-of-the-art facilities. At the location we visited in Irvine, there were 2 separate race tracks to choose from. I’ll be honest, at first, I was a little hesitant to get out on the track but my family got me out there with a little bit of coaxing and I was super proud of myself for doing so.
This experience was definitely something I would consider to be “out of my comfort zone” but I had SO much fun!It’s kindn of funny to see how competitive your famly gets when you’re at K1!
Here are some things you should know before you go:
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. You’ll defintiely want to wear pants/jeans for this.
- If you have longer hair, consider bringing a hair tie to put your hair in a ponytail or more contained style. You’ll have to wear a headscarf they provide you with, that goes under your helmet.
- There is a height requirement to be able to race. Junior minimum height requirement is 48″ (121.9 cm). Adult minimum height requirement is 58″ (147.3 cm). Please note: Meeting the height requirement is not a guarantee you’ll be able to race our karts. Drivers will be measured at the location and must be able to safely operate all elements of the kart. Final approval will be at management’s discretion.
- You’ll be given some pre-race instructions and explanation of how it all works.
- Be prepared to sign a waiver before racing. (Minors must have an adult sign one for them.)
If you are worried about not knowing how to put on your helmet or how to strap yourself into the go kart, the staff is amazing at helping you. After each race on the track, you’ll receive a printout of your placement and times, which makes for a great keepsake as well, especially if you win!
One of my family’s favorite parts about the races were getting to be up on the podium afterwards. As you can see, their most competitive side seemed to come out that day.
Giving the gift of an experience, a.k.a. a fun day out at K1 Speed, is the ideal gift to give this year and one that will allow you to help create new memories in your family. I vote for getting this for your mom, dad, brother, sister or anyone in your family. It would also make a great gift for friends or co-workers.FOR A LIMITED TIME, you can take advantage of the K1 Speed Holiday Gift Card Promo*: Get a bonus card with each gift card order.
Buy a gift card worth…
- $50, get a FREE $10 Gift Card
- $75, get a FREE $15 Gift Card
- $100, get a FREE $20 Gift Card
Who do you have left on your “To Buy For” list? Click HERE to purchase your K1 Speed gfit cards, available in physical gift cards or electronic ones.
*Gift cards cannot be used same day as purchase date.
K1 Speed has locations across the world, but to find the K1 Speed location closet to you, please visit HERE.
*Some images are property of K1 Speed and used with permission.