It’s February, Valentine’s month and I’m super excited about one of my most favorite Disney animated classics about love, “Lady and the Tramp,” joining the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection. This timeless tale will be loaded with three versions of the film, classic bonus material and three all-new feature when it’s available on Digital and on Movies Anywhere Feb. 20 and on Blu-ray on Feb. 27.
As one of the greatest love stories ever told, “Lady and the Tramp” is sure to melt the hearts of generations with its beloved characters, brilliant animation, memorable music and sweet sentiment. The animated treasure tells the story of Lady, a lovingly pampered cocker spaniel, and Tramp, a freewheeling mutt with a heart of gold. Through the Signature Collection edition, viewers can relive the pair’s thrilling adventures, sing along with the film’s unforgettable songs like “Bella Notte,” and swoon over one of the most memorable movie moments of all time—the iconic scene in which Lady and Tramp share a plate of spaghetti and an accidental kiss.
The Walt Disney Signature Collection edition will offer 3 exciting ways to watch “Lady and the Tramp”, the original theatrical version, sing-along mode and Walt’s story meetings. It’ll be available Digitally and via the Multi-screen Edition (formerly the Blu-ray Combo Pack). The Multi-screen Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD and a Digital copy, giving in-home consumers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices. In addition to classic bonus features, all-new extras invite viewers to enter Walt Disney’s original office suite on the Studio lot, discover Walt’s personal passion for pups, and receive a celebrity-hosted spaghetti and meatballs cooking lesson.
“Lady and the Tramp” is the sixth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection. Let’s take a look at the Bonus Features.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL*:
- Original Theatrical Edition – Enjoy this cherished Disney classic that captivates audiences of all ages.
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Inside Walt’s Story Meetings – As you view the film, hear reenactments of Walt’s story sessions with animators and see how their ideas were realized on-screen.
New Signature Bonus
- Walt & His Dogs – Through archival recordings and photos, hear the tales of the dogs Walt Disney owned and loved over his lifetime.
- Stories from Walt’s Office – Take a tour of Walt’s office suite on the Studio lot, carefully re-created to look just as it did when he occupied it.
- How to Make a Meatball and Other Fun Facts About “Lady and The Tramp” – Watch a delicious lesson on how to make perfect meatballs with teen chef Amber Kelley and Oh My Disney Show Host Alexys Gabrielle.
- “Peace on Earth”
- “What Is a Baby/La La Lu”
- “The Siamese Cat Song”
- “Bella Notte”
- “He’s a Tramp”
Classic Bonus Features
- Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad – Walt’s daughter shares memories of her father and Disneyland’s early days, as well as a look at his apartment above the firehouse.
- Never-Recorded Song – “I’m Free as the Breeze” – Take a listen to a song originally meant to be sung by Tramp.Deleted Scenes
- Introduction of Boris – Tramp wasn’t always meant to be Lady’s only suitor. Meet Boris the aristocrat and Homer the peasant in this deleted scene.
- Waiting for Baby – Lady watches as Jim Dear plans out his new son’s future in this early storyboard.
- Dog Show – See the storyboards for this deleted scene in which Lady and Tramp unexpectedly find themselves in the middle of a dog show.
Classic Bonus Features on Digital Only*
- Lady’s Pedigree: The Making of “Lady and the Tramp” – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Walt Disney’s first feature-length animated film based on an original story.
- Finding Lady: The Art of the Storyboard – Explore the origins of the storyboard and how they’re used by filmmakers today.
- Original 1943 Storyboard Version of the Film – View a unique presentation of the original 1943 storyboards for “Lady and the Tramp.”
- PuppyPedia: Going to the Dogs – Wild and wacky comedian Fred Willard takes us on an outing to the dog park to learn all about dogs and their owners.
- Turning the Tables – In this story-reel presentation, Tramp dreams of a world where dogs run the show and humans are on the other end of the leash.
- The Arrival of Baby – In this alternate scene re-created from original storyboards and with original voice talent, Lady makes way for a new arrival.
- Baby Arrives – Lady is baffled by the strange goings-on in the house—the arrival of a squealing bundle only deepens the mystery.
- Lady’s Sweater – Lady gets a new sweater for her birthday and must figure out an ingenious way to lose it for good.
- 1955 Original Theatrical Trailer – More than just a trailer, this preview features several minutes of footage from the film and introduces each major character.
- 1972 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – This trailer from the 1972 rerelease heralds Disney’s “happiest motion picture.”
- 1986 Theatrical Re-Issue Trailer – Released theatrically for the 1986 holiday season, this trailer highlights the love story between Lady and the handsome Tramp.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Now a celebrated part of the Walt Disney Signature Collection, Lady and the Tramp will captivate audiences of all ages with brilliant animation, remarkable songs and exclusive Bonus Extras! In this cherished Disney classic full of humor and heart, perfectly pampered Lady and street-smart Tramp embark on thrilling adventures with an unforgettable cast of characters. Experience a memorable bella notte in one of the greatest love stories ever told
I’m also hosting a giveaway! One (1) of my readers will each win a copy of “Lady and the Tramp” on Blu-Ray DVD! To enter the giveaway, comment on this blog post, telling me who your favorite character is from this movie. I will accept comments as entries through Tuesday, February 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. One (1) winner will be chosen via Random Number Generator and contacted via email. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents of the Continental U.S., ages 18 years and older. Good luck everyone!
I love to 2 Siamese cats 🙂
My favorite character is lady. I have always wanted a small dog like her. Thanks for a great giveaway.
I love the cats. They are Siamese if you please. 😉
Lady is my favorite.
cshell090869 at aol dot com
I’ve got to go with the Tramp
My favorite character is a tie between Trusty the Hound dog and Lady and The Tramps son Scamp. Thanks for the giveaway. This movie was a favorite of mine growing up.
Lady is my favorite! 🙂
Tramp! Such a laid back dude 🙂
I go with the cats
Tramp with his carefree attitude
I love Jock – he was my fave dog because I had one that looked just like him
I like Lady the best.
My favorite character is Lady. She is so proper and pretty.
Favorite is Lady.
Lady is my favorite.
my favorite character is Lady so classic indeed
Lady is my favorite.
My favorite character is Lady.
My favorite character is Trusty, love the accent
Tramp is my favorite.
My favorite is Lady
Got to be Lady.
Lady for the win.