Monkey Bread is a holiday necessity in our home! It’s so easy to make and is something that we all enjoy eating for breakfast on a festive day like 4th of July or Christmas. There are always leftovers to munch on throughout the entirety of the day too!
Lately, I’ve been trying to handwrite recipes that I make and put them into a recipe book for my daughter to have when she’s an adult.
- 4 cans of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits (not the flaky ones)
- 1 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter a bundt cake pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a measuring cup in the microwave.
- Cut up biscuits, 1 can at a time, roll pieces in cinnamon sugar mixture and layer them in pan.
- After cutting up each can of biscuits, top the layer with some melted butter. Continue until all cans are cut up and layered.
- Pour remaining butter over the top of the pan and sprinkle some extra cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, maybe a little longer if necessary. It should be golden brown on top.
- Remove pan from oven and let it cool slightly prior to serving.