This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EatASnickers #CollectiveBias
I absolutely LOVE teaching first grade! My students are so adorable and at that age, they’re like little sponges that soak up just about everything you teach them. Many times, their questions are super random and adorable, too!
It takes A LOT of energy and enthusiasm to keep up with my first graders though, especially in the afternoon. I’m pretty powered up in the morning from my coffee, but in the afternoon, I sometimes wish I had a pick me up to get me through to the end of the day. We have a very long stretch from lunch to dismissal and I sometimes feel like I start to “lose my enthuse” when I start to get hungry!
Have you seen these adorable SNICKERS® bars at Walmart yet? They’re in the check out aisle and each one has a different “personality” on the wrapper.
Some of the labels are pretty funny. I couldn’t decide which one described me best when I get hungry so I bought them all! I’m pretty sure I’m a “Drama Mama” at all times though, not just when I”m hangry! I took them to my classrom to stock up my desk so when it’s hungry o’ clock, I can sneak bites when my students aren’t looking! Shhh, just don’t tell them. Every SNICKERS® is packed with roasted peanuts, nougat, caramel and milk chocolate and they hit the spot every time.
I also decided to spread the love to the other teachers on my grade level because there’s no way I’m the only one experiencing those mid-afternoon pangs of hunger and bouts of energy loss. I put together some “Teacher Emergency Jars” to bring to work and surprise them with.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own “Teacher Emergency Jars“:
- SNICKERS® bars (about 5-7 regular size bars fit in each Mason Jar)
- 1 Mason jar for each kit you plan to make. I found a super cute one with a brightly colored lid.
- Decorative ribbon, burlap, or even tulle of your choice. I went with some blue tulle for mine.
- tape or washi tape
- “Teacher Emergency Jar” printable (Download yours for FREE by clicking on the image below.) You could also use a handwritten label.
These are very simple to put together. Here’s how to assemble yours:
- Remove the lid from Mason Jar and fill with the SNICKERS® bars.
- Print out my printable I printed mine out on cardstock because it’s a little sturdier. You can also make your own, or even hand write something to stick on the jar. Use either tape on the back of it or a couple pieces of washi tape to stick it on the front of the Mason Jar. Don’t worry about the washi tape not looking perfect. It’s supposed to look sporadically placed.
- Replace the lid and close up the jar.
- Tie some ribbon or tulle around the top of the jar.
- Give to those special teachers in your life.
I guarantee that any teacher who receives one of these will be appreciate of your thoughtfulness, especially because it includes SNICKERS®!
So who are YOU when you’re hungry? Take the super fun SNICKERS® quiz below to see who you are when you’re hungry. (I took it and got “Drama Mama”! No surprise, right? )
[playbuzz-item url=”https://www.playbuzz.com/joemurphy10/a-who-are-you-when-youre-hungry” info=”true” shares=”false” comments=”false” recommend=”false”]