This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedVelvetLove #CollectiveBias
Valentine’s Day is my absolute favorite holiday of the year! It always seems like everyone is happy and you can feel the love and friendship in the air! I loved it as a little girl, I love it as a 1st grade teacher and I love it as a mom, especially as a “girl mom”. My daughter embraces my need to be “that mom”! You know, the one who always sends something cute for the class on just about every holiday? (OK maybe I don’t on Groundhog Day)
This year, my daughter will be bringing the cutest & yummiest treats to school for her classmates at their Valentine’s celebration. I’m sending M&M’s® Red Velvet and chocolate pie pops! Yep, you read that correctly! M&M’s® Red Velvet exist!
If you’re as excited to try them as I was when I first saw them, then you should make a quick trip out to Walmart today to grab a bag of your own!
The M&M’s® Red Velvet are so delicious in this recipe. These pie pops definitely have a cute factor about them! They are honestly so easy to make! I like that it’s a kid-friendly recipe too because my daughter loves to spend time with me in the kitchen.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- 1 box of store-bought pie crust (they usually come 2 in a box)
- 1 jar of chocolate spread of your choice
- 1 bag M&M’s® Red Velvet
- 1 egg, just the egg white
- flour (to spread out on the counter)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly flour countertop and roll out pie crust. Use a large biscuit cutter to cut out pairs of circles.
- Use small heart cookie cutter to cut out one heart for each pop that you’re making.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set bottom circle pieces on cookie sheet, leaving ample space between each one.
- Gently push a lollipop stick into the center of each pie circle.
- Spoon in some of the chocolate spread into the center of each pop. Don’t use too much to avoid it squeezing out.
- Place 3 M&M’s® Red Velvet candies on top of the chocolate spread.
- Set top circle of dough on top and lightly push edges together with your fingers.
- Use the end of a lollipop stick to seal edges of entire pie pop.
- Brush each pie pop lightly with egg white. Place hearts on each pop and brush egg white on them as well.
- Place into oven and bake for 9-12 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- When they’re golden brown, remove them from the oven and allow to cool.
You will most likely be overwhelmed by how amazing they smell to the point where you’ll want to bite right into one as it’s coming out of the oven! Allow them to cool down for at least 5 minutes.
For Valentine’s Day, I’m going to wrap each pie pop in a plastic bag, add some M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies inside the bag, and tie it up with colorful tulle. The M&M’s® almost look like confetti inside the bag, don’t you think?
I found everything I needed to make this recipe at Walmart, which makes it so easy for a busy mom like me!
Do YOU love Valentine’s Day as much as I do? What’s YOUR favorite way to celebrate friendship and love on Valentine’s Day?
For more M&M’s® Red Velvet inspiration, be sure to visit the Red Velvet Love Recipes page. Join the #RedVelvetLove Pinterest Party taking place at http://www.pinterest.com/SoFabChats/ on Saturday, January 31 at 12:00pm ET for your chance at winning a $1000 Walmart gift card!
See more great M&M’s® Red Velvet recipe and party ideas at myconfectioncorner.com/valentines-day where you can also download a coupon to save on your M&M’s® purchase.