Easter is almost here and for families like ours, the season isn’t complete without a trip to the Shops at Mission Viejo to take photos with The Easter Bunny! It’s an annual tradition for us.Guests can visit the Bunny at The Shops at Mission Viejo now through Saturday, March 26. The Bunny is located on the lower level, near Nordstrom. (Just look for the adorable garden setting that he sits in.) We actually reserved a spot with The Bunny online before heading over. It was so convenient and helped alleviate some of the wait time. Reserving a spot ahead of time is optional and guests may visit The Bunny anytime. To reserve your spot with The Bunny, click here. We love The Bunny at The Shops at Mission Viejo because he’s very interactive with all of the kids and we saw him waving to children in the mall when he wasn’t busy.. My daughter likes that he wears glasses, just like she does! The Bunny at “our mall” is also really fun and after we finished taking the photos for our package, he took a couple of extra fun ones with us. Noerr Programs runs the Bunny Photos and offers several options for photo packages available for purchase. It’s really easy to select your favorite pose and have them printed out in a package, right on the spot. Have you visited The Bunny yet? If not, you’ve still got a little bit of time left but make sure to get there before March 26 cause he’ll be hopping away after that!
Parenting OC magazine has partnered with Discovery Cube in Santa Ana to present the 10th Anniversary Edition of the Kids’ Summer Opportunities Jamboree! The event will take place on Saturday, March 5, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the iconic Orange County family destination and is free to attend. Discovery Cube, which expanded this past summer and doubled in size, adding the 10,000 square-foot Julianne Argyros Showcase Theater and other attractions, is the leading hands-on science center for families in Southern California.
The Jamboree event will take place in the Showcase Theater and feature over 60 exhibitors from:
- day camps
- overnight camps
- sports leagues and clinics
- outdoor adventures
- horse and cattle ranches
- surf and swim programs
- science and technology camps
The popular family event is designed to help parents plan their kids’ summer with one-on-one face time with camp director and program leaders. Moms and dads can research and get all their questions answered. One of several family fun attractions at The Jamboree event is Parenting OC’s “Cutest Kid Cover Contest”. The contest, which has been held every year for the past 12 years, includes four age categories:
- Baby (6 months to 2 years)
- Tot (ages 3 to 5)
- Kid (ages 6 to 9)
- Tween (ages 10 to 13)
The winner in each category will be photographed at the event by internationally-celebrated cover photographer, Ana Brandt. Each winner will be featured on the cover of the magazine, which has won national awards for its covers. All nominees are photographed at the event, and will receive a keepsake cover just for entering.
Families attending the event will also be able to have fun with:
- a Curious George meet and greet with photo opps
- Jedi Knights
- those oh-so-popular Frozen princesses
- hands-on opportunities with slithery snakes, giant frogs, hairy tarantulas and an alligator from The Reptile Zoo
- The Extreme Game Truck – In the parking lot, gamers can show their X-Box and Playstation skills in the Extreme Game Truck, a hybrid luxury limo-semi with mood lighting effects in the ceiling, 6 55-inch screens, surround sound and every major gaming console known to little mankind.
- The family scavenger hunt – There’ll be $3500 in prizes available to win by those who successfully complete the family scavenger hunt. Prizes include a week of summer camp (Camp James, Camp Galileo, Irvine Slammers Soccer), an OCSA class, $1,000 toward Smile Wide orthodontia and a two-year family pass to Discovery Cube. This event will be held on the exhibit floor.
Afterwards, families can head off for even more fun at the Cube. Free passes will be available to all children, ages 3 to 14, for admittance on the day of the Jamboree event. (Child must be accompanied by an adult.) The tickets (each valued at $12.95) can be downloaded from http://www.parentingoc.com.
The Discovery Cube is located at 2500 N. Main St., Santa Ana, CA, 92705. For more information, please visit http://www.parentingoc.com, or call 714-630-4510 x 6.
Are you ready for Spring and some Easter fun? Ok it might be a little early for it to be officially Spring but the weather sure feels like we’re there and I’m super excited about having an early Easter this year! You know what that means? It means that the Irvine Park Railroad’s 9th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza is beginning earlier than usual! This year’s festivities will run from Saturday, March 5th through Saturday, March 26th. Watch this fun Easter Eggstravaganza video from Irvine Park Railroad’s YouTube channel.
This annual event has become a tradition for our own family and is so much fun! Irvine Park Railroad’s Easter Eggstravaganza seems like a family favorite of many Southern California families. This year, event activities will include:
- Train rides – The cost for train tickets is $5.00 per person; children younger than 12 months ride free.
- Easter Bunny meet and greet with photo opportunities – For the cost of $10.00, children can meet and have their photo taken with the Easter Bunny. This cost includes one (1) photo that will be taken by Irvine Park Railroad staff. Each additional print of the same photo will $6.00. Photos will be printed in a few, short minutes at the Easter Bunny booth.
- Easter egg hunts – Easter egg hunts begin daily at 10:00 AM and tickets may be purchased and exchanged for a wristband to participate in an egg hunt at a specific time. Please bring an Easter basket for each child that will be participating in the Easter egg hunt. Irvine Park Railroad will also offer Easter baskets for sale. Tickets must be purchased on the day of the event in order to receive a wristband for the Easter egg hunt. Please visit http://www.irvineparkrailroad.com for complete details on the Easter egg hunts including times and costs.
- Hay rides
- Moon bounce
- Easter cookie decorating
- Carnival games
- Picture stands
- Face painting
Please visit http://www.irvineparkrailroad.com for full details including costs. Irvine Park Railroad opens daily at 10:00 AM and is located at 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, CA 92869. While you’re at Irvine Regional Park, be sure to visit the park’s other activities including Wheel Fun Rentals® at Irvine Park bike and paddle boat rentals, pony rides and the Orange County Zoo.
Please note: There is park entrance fee , charged by the County of Orange, which is $3.00 per vehicle on weekdays and $5.00 per vehicle on weekends. Connect with Irvine Park Railroad on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Irvine Park Railroad is also providing 8 acitivity tickets for the Easter Eggstravaganza and 1 Wheel Fun Rentals at Irvine Park Bike Rental (excludes the double surrey) for one of my lucky readers. Enter to win on the Rafflecopter below! Good luck everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Get ready for Kaleidoscope’s Sixth Annual Easter Garden Party on Saturday, March 26 from 12 to 2:30 p.m. The Easter bunny will hop into town and arrive at the center for the party which will be located in the center’s courtyard.
The free family event will kick off with an Easter egg hunt at 12 noon. Youngsters should bring their own basket to collect Easter eggs. Passport cards will be given out to the first 250 children directing them to all Kaleidoscope businesses where they will each receive one candy-filled egg per business.
The Easter Garden Party will also offer a complimentary photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny, for guests who bring their own camera. Adding to the fun will be cookie decorating from Donna B’s Bakery, free face painting, and a petting zoo with bunnies, baby goats, chicks, and ducklings.
Hope to see you there!
Connect with Kaleidoscope on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
With Easter arriving a little early this year, the Bunny Photo Experience will too! Guests can visit the Bunny at The Shops at Mission Viejo from Saturday, March 5 through Saturday, March 26. The Bunny will be located on the lower level, near Nordstrom. Kids will have the chance to visit with the Bunny and families can take home a treasured snapshot of the fun occasion. To view a full schedule of dates and hours, visit here. .
The Shops at Mission Viejo’s Caring Bunny™ event will offer families that have children with special needs a subdued environment to participate in the Bunny Photo Experience on Sunday, March 6, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.. Many steps will be taken to reduce sensory triggers, creating a more comforting environment for children’s cherished visit with the Bunny. The subdued environment is likely to include (specific elements or aesthetics may vary):
- Turning off in-mall music, stopping escalators located near the photo set, dimming the
lights and shutting down fountains for the duration of the event.
- Eliminating queue lines through the use of a numbering system whereby guests approach the set when their number is called.
- Special activities geared toward the needs of the child during the ‘wait’ period to help the child understand what activities will occur during the visit.
Families can reserve a spot for Caring Bunny here.
Have you been over to check out Baker Ranch yet? It’s a brand-new master planned community located in Lake Forest, with homes created by renowned builders, Shea Homes and Toll Brothers.
From the start, Baker Ranch has been designed for active people who love outdoor recreation and scenic natural settings. Here you can enjoy all the amenities of an exceptional master planned community without the excessive taxation of Mello-Roos. Lake Forest provides small-town charm with California Distinguished schools and modern services. It’s all within easy reach of the major employment centers, shopping, entertainment and attractions that make sunny Central Orange County the perfect backyard. The Community of Baker Ranch celebrates the relationship between nature and living well. On Saturday, February 20th, Baker Ranch will be throwing a Grand Opening event to celebrate the opening of their 3 newest communities! Everyone is invited to attend and from 11:00AM – 4:00PM, all attending guests will be able to tour these newest model homes by Shea Homes at Crestline and The Courts. Also, guests can preview three of Toll Brothers’ newest communities, Summit, Terraces, and Highlands East in their Sales Centers. In addition to the unveiling of the new neighborhoods, Baker Ranch will be debuting the spectacular Promenade Park, which will feature:
- a new playground
- climbing wall
- Bocce Ball courts
- walking path
- picnic areas
Along with touring these stunning new homes plus all of Baker Ranch’s other fabulous homes, you and your family can enjoy a day of awesome activities located throughout the community! Here are all the spots you need to hit during the event:
- The Grove Clubhouse – This will be the hub for “FlashTag”, the ultimate Instagram scavenger hunt where you’ll be taking pictures at each event location using #BakerRanchLife. Once you’ve played, you’ll be entered into an amazing raffle to win a Pedego Electric Bike! Snacks and beverages will also be served here including chili tastings with toppings, lemonade, Paradise iced tea, and citrus infused water. There will be kid’s crafts as well as a master bubble maker!
- Oaks Tennis Park – Opening soon and they can’t wait for guests to see it! After you’ve refreshed yourself with goodies, come and get some tennis tips! Then grab a racket or handball and play a few games. Make sure the kids get their faces painted and grab some citrus infused water!
- Borrego Trail – Recently opened in December! When you’re done breaking a sweat on the court, hop on a Pedego Electric Bike for a test drive at “The Pedego Experience” along the trail!
Also….Get ready to get lost in Margaritaville with the Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band! How fun does that sound? It’s a perfect way to spend your Saturday afternoon! Complimentary shuttles and golf carts will be available to take guests to each location and activity. For more information about the event or to RSVP, visit their Facebook page here
Who’s ready for summer and the annual return of The OC Fair? I know we are and we’re really excited for this year’s theme “Get Your Fair Face On“! This year’s fair will take place from July 17-August 16 (Wednesday-Sunday) with 23 days and nights of food, rides, shopping, exhibits, animals and headline performances in the Pacific Amphitheatre, nightly music in The Hangar and adrenaline-inducing events in the Action Sports Arena.
The Super Pass, the Fair’s annual season pass, is currently on sale at the lowest prices of the season through Feb. 29 online at http://www.ocfair.com/superpass. Early pre-sale prices are General (13-59) $25, Senior (60+) $18 and Child (6-12) $18.
Check out all of the Super Pass Perks:
- Admission to the OC Fair for all 23 days
- Express entry at all public gates during Fair hours
- 2-for-1 discount for tickets to select Pacific Amphitheatre, The Hangar and Action Sports Arena concerts and events. There is a 6 ticket limit. Tickets are subject to availability which may change without notice.
- 20% off Fair apparel
- 2016 OC Fair souvenir pin
- Free Admission to the Orange County Market Place (valid through December 26, 2016)
- Carnival value book (includes 2-for-1 ride on La Grande Wheel, 2-for-1 carnival games, a Free water bottle (with a $10 purchase of treats from carnival food vendor, and a Free refill with a souvenir cup purchase in the carnival)
I’m also having a giveaway! The OC Fair is providing a pair (2) of Super Passes for the 2016 OC Fair for one of my lucky readers to win! You can enter below on the Rafflecopter! Good luck everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own. Images and logos are property of the OC Fair.
If you haven’t heard already, Knott’s Berry Farm and Susan G. Komen Orange County are partnering up again, for a third year, to raise money for breast cancer awareness during “Knott’s For The Cure”! The partnership, which began in 2013, will once again align two prominent organizations in raising awareness and vital funds for local breast health and breast cancer services for women and men. In 2014 and 2015, the theme park helped raise $230k for Susan G. Komen Orange County!
75% of the funds raised for Susan G. Komen are used to provide local services throughout Orange County for:
- Breast cancer detection and treatment education
- Information and support for breast cancer survivors and families
- Funding for free mammograms for uninsured and underserved women via the Knott’s sponsored Alinea mobile mammography van.
25% of the funds raised for Susan G. Komen support national research to discover the cure for breast cancer.
I had the honor of being invited to attend the kickoff for their partnership last year and got to hear my dear friend, Jaime, speak about her own breast cancer story! I got to spend an inspirational morning with Jaime and a huge group of breast cancer survivors. I even got to participate in their victory ride on “Jaguar”. Breast cancer patients and survivors are some of the strongest people you’ll ever meet! From January 4 through March 18, Knott’s is offering a special “Pink Ticket”, a limited edition “Pink” t-shirt, and other special “Pink” merchandise for purchase, with proceeds going to Susan G. Komen Orange County. The 2016 campaign will focus on the promise that Komen founder Nancy G. Brinker made to her dying sister, Susan G. Komen: that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. Special rides and landmarks inside of the theme park will glow pink in honor of the promotion. Knott’s Berry Farm and Susan G. Komen Orange County invite guests to share their “for the cure” promises during the charitable promotion at knotts.com/promise and join in on the conversation on their social media platforms using #KnottsPink. Knott’s is committed to helping Susan G. Komen get one step closer to a world without breast cancer. Won’t you help too by joining in and showing your own support by purchasing a “Pink Ticket” and visiting the park during the promotion? Click here to purchase your ticket online for only $40! That’s a $32 discount for buying it in advance and online! What an amazing deal for an entire day of fun in the park! Come out to Knott’s Berry Farm For the Cure!
I’m also giving away a pair of tickets to Knott’s for one of my lucky readers! All you have to do is enter below in the Raffecopter! Be sure to read the instructions carefully! Good luck everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Shops at Mission Viejo is preparing to welcome six new retailers to the center over the next few months. The stores, studios and restaurants will include Madewell, The Melt, Full Psycle, A Pea in the Pod, Soma, and Islands Fine Burgers & Drinks.
Patsy Sanquist, Director of Marketing and Business Development for The Shops at Mission Viejo was quoted as saying, We’re excited to welcome a mix of new fashion, dining and lifestyle options for our shoppers.
Madewell debuted at the center on January 26. It’s the perfect shop to find great jeans and create an effortlessly cool wardrobe. The 3,400-square-foot store is located on the upper level, near Center Court. The Melt will be making its appearance with a 2,000-square-foot eatery and outdoor dining area in mid-February, with a location on the lower level near Nordstrom, The Melt will offer fresh American cuisine, made with 100 percent natural ingredients.
Also slated for a mid-February opening is Full Psycle, a full-body cycling studio with spin classes that pair standard indoor cycling routines with strength training and pilates-based core exercises.
Three more retailers are slated to join in the spring include:
- A Pea in a Pod – a store featuring luxury and casual clothes for mommies-to-be. The store will be located on the lower level near Nordstrom.
- Soma – will also join in the spring, moving into a roughly 2,200-square-foot storefront featuring lingerie and loungewear.
- Islands Fine Burgers & Drinks – expected to join the center this summer, the restaurant specializes in gourmet burgers, fresh cut fries and tropical drinks that will pair well with their great happy hour deals.
For more information, please visit The Shops at Mission Viejo on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ShopsAtMissionViejo, Twitter, and Instagram