I’ve been counting down the days until February 5th, when Nicholas Sparks’ highly anticipated film “The Choice” will hit theaters! I have loved reading every one of his novels so far! Whenever he brings these beautiful stories to life on the big screen, I get about as giddy as a schoolgirl! When I first watched the trailer for “The Choice”, I hadn’t read the book yet. It’s the story of feisty medical student Gabby Hollan [Teresa Palmer], who moves in next door to a ladies’ man Travis Shaw [Benjamin Walker]. They embark on a surprising romantic journey that neither one ever imagined possible. Travis has always believed a serious relationship would cramp his easygoing lifestyle, while Gabby is preparing to settle down with her long-term boyfriend, until an irresistible attraction between the unlikely couple completely disrupts both of their well-planned lives. Oh I just LOVE Nicholas Sparks’ stories!
The on-screen chemistry in the trailer between Travis and Gabby is intense! Seriously, watch it and tell me if it takes your breath away like it did mine! Oh, you also may want to grab a tissue because your eyes will well up with some tears. So, watch this:
As usual, Mr. Sparks has captured a beautiful and romantic storyline, cast beautiful actors to bring his characters to life on screen, and shot the entire thing in a breathtaking location. I am enamored by “The Choice”! A group of my teacher friends at work (including myself) decided we’d all read “The Choice” and have a “Book Chat” during a few of our lunch hours after reading it! Initially we allowed a week to finish the book before we were set to discuss it. However, a majority of us finished it really quickly because we were so into it! Our initial chat about the book surrounded the theme, “How far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?” The specific of that specific conversation shall remain secret but let’s just say there were many who could relate but had buried their own personal stories long ago. Over a few different lunch hours, we did a lot of giggling and came up with the following observations in our “Book Chat” about “The Choice”:
- We all LOVED it!
- We were all dying over the chemistry between Travis and Gabby and knew they were destined to end up together. There’s just something about the way that they talked and had such a playfulness between them that clearly showed their instant attraction and gravitation towards each other!
- We love the way that we can get lost in a Nicholas Sparks book as we can visualize getting lost in one of his beautiful stories and wrapped up in one of his love stories, regardless of any of our current life situations.
- We were all excited about the sneak peek pictures in the back of the book that were still shots from the film!
- There were definitely tense, scary parts that kept us on the edge of our seats when we read the book and will hopefully be as intense in the theater.
- None of us can wait to see it all play out on the Big Screen.
At our last “Book Chat” lunch hour, we also decided to make a group girl date to go see the film on February 5 when it opens in theaters! I can’t wait to see it all unfold on the big screen! Will you be going to see “The Choice”? I’m guessing the answer is “heck yeah!”? Leave me a comment below and tell me what you thought of the book and/or the film!