This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Have you heard the latest news about Union Market at Kaleidoscope Center in Mission Viejo? Locca Churros + Tea is now open! Locca Churros + Tea offers handcrafted tea drinks, bubble teas and made-to-order churros using fresh ingredients, and you’re going to be all over their entire menu!Locca recently purchased the popular Milk Box location at Kaleidoscope and is still serving the award-winning boba and milk tea menu that Milk Box was known for, along with new tea drinks Crazy Brown Milk Tea, Strawberry Jasmine Tea, Strawberry Matcha Tea, New topping options include Popping Boba Strawberry, Lychee Coconut Jelly, Fruit Mix Jelly, and Popping Boba Mango. Drink prices start at $3.50.Locca has also introduced fresh-made churros and ice cream. Churros, made fresh to order, are available with cinnamon sugar or dipped in real Belgium chocolate, and can be ordered with ice cream and a selection of toppings. Churros start at $4.50.
“Southern California is an epicenter of great food and food trends, and we hope to add to that, with our carefully handcrafted, freshly made churros, teas and boba. These are the perfect drinks and snacks to enjoy with friends, business colleagues at lunch, or as dessert after enjoying a meal, movie or other entertainment with your family here at Kaleidoscope.” – said co-founder Emre Yenici.
Locca Churros + Tea is part of Union Market Mission Viejo on the upper level of Kaleidoscope, at 27741 Crown Valley Pkwy., adjacent to the 5 Fwy., in Mission Viejo. For more information, please call 949.420.9191 or visit http://www.thelocca.com.
images and logo are property of Kaleidoscope and Locca Churros and used with permission.
Wine lovers will once again enjoy a festive summer evening of wine tasting under the stars to benefit Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire, when Wines and Wishes returns to Kaleidoscope Center on Thursday, July 30 from 6 to 9 p.m. The fifth annual wine tasting will feature nearly 20 boutique and renowned wineries including Justin Vineyards, Cakebread Cellars and Rombauer Vineyards, along with bites from Kaleidoscope’s award winning restaurants, live jazz, raffles and more.
Wines and Wishes kicks off with a Champagne reception at 6 p.m. and every guest will receive a commemorative wine glass upon arrival. Small bites will be offered throughout the evening starting with specialty cheeses served by Chef Starr Cornwall. Riptide Rockin’ Sushi & Teppan Grills will be center stage as Master Sushi Chef Ken Cruz prepares freshly made sushi, while other Kaleidoscope restaurants tray pass small bites for all to enjoy. Donna B’s Bakery will be providing sweet treats, and Milk Box and Market 2 Plate, both opening later this year at Union Market Mission Viejo, will be serving samples.
A special VIP experience is also offered, where guests can enjoy their wine tasting with a private Sommelier in reserved seating, artisanal cheese and fresh fruit, and a swag bag. Tickets are limited for the VIP experience.
This is the fifth year for Wines and Wishes, which is sponsored by Kaleidoscope, Norm Reeves Acura of Mission Viejo and Salt Creek Wine Company. Between one and three wishes have been granted to Make-A-Wish children each year by Kaleidoscope’s Wines and Wishes event.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Pre-sale tickets are $55 per person or $100 per couple
- Tickets at the door will be $60 per person at the door.
- Limited tickets are available for the VIP experience. The cost is $75 per person.
- Designated driver discount tickets are $25 per person.
Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
Kaleidoscope is located just off the 5 Freeway at 27741 Crown Valley Parkway in Mission Viejo. The center has Convenient self-parking, as well as a valet is available at the center.
Find Make-A-Wish on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Union Market Mission Viejo has announced more than a dozen specialty retailers and restaurants who have begun construction at Kaleidoscope Center! It will open a 28,000 square foot space in early summer, featuring 20 independent retailers and chef-driven restaurants. This is such exciting news! Here’s a sneak peek of what’s been announced to join Union Market Mission Viejo so far:
- Portola Coffee, a specialty coffee bar that was recently honored as Roaster of the Year 2015
- Milk Box, a healthy, playful and premium brand bringing organic ingredients to milk teas, along with boba and desserts
- Hummus bowl, a fresh, organic hummus bar
- Oyu Shabu, a Japanese Shabu-Shabu that offers a fun hot pot (cook it yourself) dining style
- Poke Shack, offering a unique and interactive experience where guests will build their own meal with an array of fresh ingredients to suit their preference. Diners will watch the process as their bowl of rice, choice of protein, sauce, vegetable and condiment is prepared to order
- Kroft, featuring a farm to table menu and reinventing comfort food with fresh, local, organic, sustainable and seasonal ingredients (F.L.O.S.S.) with sandwiches and poutines (Canadian French specialty fries.)
- Central Bar, serving specialty craft cocktails and libations, using only fresh and local ingredients, and a wine bar featuring eclectic and small boutique wines. Central Bar will offer an educational and fun experience with monthly wine and spirit tastings
- Anchor Hitch – Seafood and Raw Bar, is a contemporary take on the traditional fare of a fish and oyster bar, focused on sustainable and fresh seafood
- Noodle Bar, traditional Vietnamese Pho with a modern build-your-own experience
- Youngstone Cheese Shop, featuring cheese plates, fondue, and build-your-own grilled cheese sandwiches
- Market 2 Plate, offering pasta and freshly made salads
- Bambu Earth, responsible and natural soap and skincare products
- Miel, women’s clothing and accessories
Other concepts soon to be announced include a bakery, olive oil bar, juice bar, a baby & children’s boutique, home décor, and a jeweler.
Union Market Mission Viejo will include indoor and outdoor dining with stunning views overlooking the city of Mission Viejo, as well as communal areas to dine, meet with friends, or relax over coffee.
Be sure to follow all the happenings at Kaleidoscope via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.