Armstrong Garden Centers will debut its kids class series in July at select stores. The new, interactive sessions will engage the minds of children while helping them learn about critters that are important to gardens. Open to all ages, but ideal for kids grades kindergarten through third grade, topics include wiggly worms, bold butterflies and beautiful birds.
The July kids class series will only take place at Armstrong’s Carlsbad, La Cañada, La Habra, Temecula, Thousand Oaks and Torrance store locations. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.Armstrong Garden Centers July kids class series schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, July 12 at 10:00 a.m. – Wiggly Worms – Learn why worms are important to the soil and how they help plants grow. Kids in attendance will get to meet these wiggly creatures in a hands-on setting and take a worm home, too.
- Wednesday, July 19 at 10:00 a.m. – Bold Butterflies – This class will allow children to learn about the life cycle of butterflies and how they help flowers bloom. Each child in attendance will make a butterfly feeder to take home and enjoy.
- Wednesday, July 26 at 10:00 a.m. – Beautiful Birds – Gardens provide food and habitat for birds and birds help gardens grow. Kids attending this class will learn how along with planting a sunflower seed to take home.
California gardeners of all skill levels are invited to attend Armstrong’s community classes in July. Each workshop will encourage attendees to nurture their green thumbs with a wide range of topics to get ready for summer.Additional scheduled events for the first full month of summer include:
- Saturday, July 15 at 9:00 a.m. – Healthy Plants: Fertilizing & Water – Different soils and plants have different nutrient requirements to stay in balance. Learn simple techniques to ensure that you have healthy and beautiful blooms and foliage all summer long. No registration required for this free class. Class not available at the Irvine Outlet location.
- Saturday, July 22 at 9:00 a.m. – Growing Citrus in the Home Garden – Participants will learn tips to grow bounteous crops of juicy citrus fruit and hear advice from Armstrong’s experts. The Pasadena and La Habra locations will host a tropical fruit tree class during this time. Class not available at the Irvine Outlet.
- Saturday, July 29 at 9:00 a.m. – Colorful, Flowering Water-wise Plants – Waterwise gardens can be full of colorful flowers. Armstrong’s experts will show attendees perennials and shrubs that provide blooms and beauty all year-long.Class not available at the Irvine Outlet.
Each class is instructed by a nursery professional who will offer timely gardening advice and hands-on demonstrations. Armstrong Garden Centers also offers free garden talks from its team of experts for local gardening clubs, homeowners associations and other community groups. For more information or to register for a class, please visit their here.