This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #The7thMinion #CollectiveBias
I would easily call our home a “Minion-loving” one. We can’t get enough of the Minions and are counting down the days until the release of the new Minions movie on July 10! Have you watched the trailer yet?
On a recent grocery shopping trip to Walmart, I was ecstatic when I saw a ton of specially marked boxes on the cereal aisle with exclusive Minion “toys” inside! As I walked up and down the aisle, I saw a few of my own childhood favorites featuring these toys inside the boxes
There are 7 minions to collect in all and they’re shown on the back of the cereal box. The 7th Minion is the prehistoric one and is offered exclusively at Walmart in these specially marked Family Size boxes of cereal.
Walmart has teamed up with General Mills to offer the exclusive Minion toys inside these cereals:
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Lucky Charms
- Reese’s Puffs
- Cocoa Puffs
- Golden Grahams
As I walked down the aisle, cereal boxes seemed to be flying off the shelves and into my grocery cart! You may also notice that a couple of Minions ended up in the cart, too. I couldn’t resist. My daughter wasn’t even shopping with me, but I knew she’d love them. Walmart had so much “Minions” merchandise! I really wanted to buy all of it!
I couldn’t wait to get home and show my daughter. I decided to plan a little “Minions breakfast” for the following morning. I wanted it to be a fun start to our summer and a kickoff for our quest to find for the 7th minion. I think one of the luckiest parts about my daughter being an only child is that she doesn’t have to share the toy in the cereal box! Seriously, I grew up fighting my younger brother for the toy!
We decided to make a special Minion mug that night as a special edition to our Minion breakfast. Since she loves Bob the Minion and also loves making personalized ceramic mugs, she made a Bob the Minion mug. It’s probably one of the easiest DIYs a kid can do. Have you ever made one?
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Minion mug:
- 1 white ceramic coffee mug, prewashed
- 1 set of permanent markers in a variety of colors
- plain white paper (for practicing)
- nail polish remover (for mistakes)
- some Q-tips
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 cookie sheet
- some Minions or pictures of Minions to look at for inspiration
Instructions for making your Minion mug
- Start with a clean, dry mug.
- Draw your design, using the permanent markers. If necessary, practice drawing your images first on white paper. Mistakes can be easily “erased” (prior to baking) using a baby wipe. Dry thoroughly with a paper towel prior to resuming the drawing with pens.
- When you’re finished drawing and decorating, place your mug upside-down on a cookie sheet. (not pictured)
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow your mug to cool all the way down before washing or using. Your cup should always be handwashed and not placed in the dishwasher.
How cute did her mug turn out? I can’t take credit for it. My daughter did it all on her own! It’s Bob! Can’t you tell?
We set up the breakfast table, including the new mug, and Bob and joined my daughter for some Trix. You have to be careful when inviting a Minion to breakfast! Sometimes they misunderstand the invite! Oh Bob!
Before pouring milk into her cereal, my daughter was ready to open each box and hunt for the 7th Minion. She got 4 cute ones, including Bob (her favorite) but didn’t get the 7th Minion! It was a good start though.
We’re determined to collect all 7, especially that 7th Minion, so it looks like we’ll be making a couple more trips back to Walmart for more cereal. My daughter also added “Find the 7th Minion” to her summer bucket list!
Do you have a favorite Minion? If so, which one is it? We love all of the Minions!