It’s hard to believe that another year has almost gone by since Halloween was here! Here it is, the middle of summer and I’m absolutely giddy about the arrival of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort and this year it begins September 9th! I can’t even tell you which part of it I’m most excited for because there is so much going on at the Resort during that time of year. Plus, it also begins the entire Holiday Season! Mickey’s Halloween Party
So, let’s first talk about Mickey’s Halloween Party, because that’s what Disney lovers of all ages look forward to during all year, right? The event requires a separate ticket and takes place on 17 select nights, beginning Friday, Sept. 23, inside of Disneyland. Entry to Disneyland Park before the party is included with a Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket. Guests have the opportunity to play in Disneyland park for three hours before the party starts, and then go trick or treating , for candy and healthy treats, in the ultimate Disney neighborhood.
Mickey’s Halloween Party has some extra thrilling surprises around every corner and treats party guests to some unforgettable experiences including:
- The eerie atmosphere along Main Street, U.S.A., animated Halloween images (ghosts, bats, pumpkins and skeletons) appear and disappear mysteriously on the facades of buildings throughout the evening
- The ghoulish Cadaver Dans quartet performs Halloween tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft, on the fog-filled Rivers of America in New Orleans Square and Frontierland
- The sensational “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, which is a guest favorite presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party and is hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington.
- A family-friendly dance party to rock out to at Tomorrowland Terrace
- Disney Villains at select locations for photos and character greetings
- Mickey Mouse and his pals dressed in their Halloween costumes
- Nearly all the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions will be open to party guests, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
- New for Mickey’s Halloween Party in 2016, The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow rides his ghostly black steed and carries his flickering jack-o-lantern through the heart of Disneyland, heralding the arrival of Mickey’s Halloween Party character cavalcade, (The character is from Disney’s animated feature, “The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.”)
Adults and children are encouraged to dress in costume for the party as they trick-or-treat throughout Disneyland for a scary good time. For costume policy guidelines, please check http://www.Disneyland.com for prior your arrival, so you don’t have any surprises. Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party* go on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders on Thursday, July 21. General public ticket sales begin Thursday, July 28.
What Else To Expect During Halloween Time
Now let’s talk about Halloween Time in general at the Disneyland Resort. Whether you are going to attend one of the ticketed Mickey’s Halloween Party Nights or just visiting the Parks during Halloween Time, you’re going to be in Halloween awe! Some of the temporary Halloween offerings include:
- Jack Skellington makes his annual appearance in Disneyland to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring Haunted Mansion Holiday back to New Orleans Square. Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film “Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas” and transforms the Mansion with a collision of Halloween spookiness and Christmas cheer. Oct. 3, 2016 marks the 15th anniversary of this special attraction’s premiere in Disneyland.
- Guests in search of Halloween chills may “drop in” to visit the ghostly full-time residents of The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror in Disney California Adventure. Here, in the remains of the Hollywood Tower Hotel, dwell the spirits of hotel guests who disappeared during a “supernatural” event on Halloween Night in 1939.
- Spooky Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland draws guests back again and again during the Halloween season. The unique Halloween-themed experience launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe, where ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space. The exhilarating drops and curves are punctuated by piercing screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.
- On select, non-Mickey’s Halloween Party nights, guests visiting Disneyland will enjoy a special treat: the “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks spectacular. In addition, the dynamic “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” will march down Main Street, U.S.A., each day throughout Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort.
- Also, in Frontierland, the traditional Dia de los Muertos is observed through Tuesday, Nov. 1, with a holiday skeleton display in the plaza near the entrance of Rancho del Zocalo.
Ticket Information and Purchases for Mickey’s Halloween Party
Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party* may be purchased online and on mobile devices at Disneyland.com/party, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400. Guests may check for availability for the 17 nights: Friday, Sept. 23; Monday, Sept. 26, Wednesday, Sept. 28; Friday, Sept. 30; Monday, Oct. 3; Wednesday, Oct. 5; Friday, Oct. 7; Monday, Oct. 10; Wednesday, Oct. 12; Friday, Oct. 14; Monday, Oct. 17; Wednesday, Oct. 19; Friday, Oct. 21; Monday, Oct. 24; Wednesday, Oct. 26; Saturday, Oct. 29; and Monday, Oct. 31, Halloween night.
Tickets purchased in advance are available at a discount on select nights. Tickets purchased on the day of the event are $89 each. All tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party on Saturday, Oct. 29, and Monday, Oct. 31, are $99 each. Mickey’s Halloween Party is a non-smoking event. Smoking will be permitted only in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland main entrance. Please note: Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event. Parking is not included in the ticket price, and parking fees will apply.
For more information about Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, please visit here. Entertainment and attractions are subject to change without notice. Also, don’t forget that Guests may currently enjoy the Disneyland Diamond Celebration which continues through Labor Day, Sept. 5!
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own. Some images are property of the Disneyland Resort.